Ecolibrium is hiring a seasonal culinary assistant
Ecolibrium is looking for energetic, hard-working culinary assistant to join our team of passionate people transforming our food system through regenerative agriculture and farm to table cooking. At Ecolibrium we grow diversified, organic vegetables in Redmond, WA. We also have an on-farm outdoor kitchen and community gathering space where we host farm-to-table dinners and events. We also cook for large and small private events throughout the Puget Sound.
Working under the leadership of the Culinary Director, the culinary assistant will be responsible for assisting in harvesting and prepping food for on and off site events and classes. As culinary assistant you must be willing and able to work irregular hours during peak season as the needs of our event schedule will dictate the work to be done. Applicants must be available on weekends, and should not plan extended vacation time during the contracted period (June 15 – September 15).
This position will be somewhere between 20-30 hours/week depending on availability and event requirements. Hourly pay DOE.
We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life to apply.
· 2+ years of experience cooking in a high-end restaurant environment
· Self-starter and confident in your abilities
· Comfortable working directly with the culinary director or alone as needed
· Have a vehicle for personal transport to commissary and event locations
· Interested in cooking in non-traditional environments
· Interested and able to cook over open fire
· Interested in farming
· Adaptability - ability to be flexible when changes occur
To apply, please send cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to mention any applicable skills and experiences. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to reach out via email.